Tuesday, May 04, 2010

what is this song?

what is this song deep within my soul,
this song of mysterious wonder
which I dare not sing aloud
lest fell deeds betray my heart?

leechcraft and doubt collude beyond my hearing;
they devise unholy instruments
to war against my heart,
making the unthinkable seem reasonable.

the song builds...
the war drums sound...
the clash of violence looms
in that place deep within my soul

where the song of mysterious wonder
stands off against unholy instruments
with the clash of violent warfare
in that deep place within my soul.

breaking

tears

pain

what is this song deep within my soul,
this song of mysterious wonder
which unveils the hidden parts,
exposing motives buried deeply?

it abolishes agreements with lies,
and liberates the captive.
it removes attention from self
to a proper focus on Christ.

4 May 2010 by Glen Alan Woods

No comments: